Thursday, January 17, 2008

MacBook Air














I'm sure that by now, you've seen the MacBook Air. If you haven't, wow.

Next time Apple does some conference, check out macrumorslive.com for live blogging. They had an auto upater and pics and I think it was better than Gizmodo or Engadget.... sorry guys!

But anyway, here is what I think about the MacBook Air (you may have seen these before)

Pros
- Portable (super duper portable)
- Awesome trackpad
- Smooth
- No disc drive

Cons
- No replaceable (by user) battery
- Only 1 USB
- No disc drive
- Mono audio output

I know the whole deal with the optical drive. And I know you can use someone elses drive, but from what I understand, you have to have some special disc to put in their machine to setup the remote assistance...

Also, then 1 USB. Yeah, that's not going to work for me unless I'm careful. Plus, my mac has eSata (card), DVI out (full size), 2 USB but firewire 400 and 800.

Overall, very cool. I still want one, but as an extra, not primary. For most people, it may be enough as a primary, and that's cool.

My friend and I were talking about the lack of the optical drive. Long story short, people flipped when Apple pulled the floppy drive from their computers and they believed there would not be much more use for floppies.

So, when was the last time you backed something up to a floppy? Yeah.

And with the release of Time Capsule (which I love!), you can totally tell or guess at least that Apple is investing in the internet as a way to store/send/transfer/access data.

Even though they are on the board for Blu Ray, I bet that deep down inside, Steve Jobs doesn't have much faith in discs anymore.

What do you think?!

No comments: