Monday, January 14, 2008

App Review #2








Comic Life (1.3.4)

I thought Comic Life came on all new Macs, but a friend of mine just got a new iMac and doesn't have it.  I'll have to get to the bottom of that...

But if you have Comic Life, I totally recommend that you check it out.  It's really easy, and a quick Google search will show a ton of people that have made their own comics.  Some good... some not so good.  

But it's fun! 

Being a Halo fan (for the XBOX), I thought it would be a lot of fun to make a Halo comic using some of Halo 3's new features (the Theatre mode).

It's pretty much this... after you play a game in Halo, you can go back and watch the replay, and pause, move the camera around and take pictures and video...

Then I upload the pics and download them to my Mac and put them in Comic Life.

My friend sent me a video with himself and another friend of mine and called it "Comeback" so I made a comic for them.

So you bring your pictures in, create the page layout (drag and drop templates) then add "word bubbles" and you're pretty much done!

It's very simple and you can get a pretty decent looking end product!

Do you have any comics you've made that you want to share?  Leave a comment and well get in touch so I can post it!

Check out the whole Halo comic I made: "Comeback"

No comments: